Grab a warm beverage and sit with me a moment.
You know there is more to being a homemaker than cooking, cleaning, and feeling you’re just surviving every day. You desire to see purpose in what you’re doing, that you're making a difference in the lives of your loved ones. You don’t want to get caught up in comparing yourself to others or grumbling about the work set before you.
If you are in Christ, the Lord has called you first to Himself and then to serve others in the midst of our ordinary days. He has called us in the role we are in and He will equip us to be faithful servants to love and minister to He has placed in our care.
Your role as a homemaker matters to God. You can find contentment and joy in caring for your home and family when you keep your eyes on Christ and His calling for your life. Our contentment in our homemaking begins with finding our satisfaction in Christ.
This is why Thankful Homemaker was created – to remind you:
- To see the purpose and importance of your calling as a Christian Homemaker.
- To keep your eyes on the eternal and not the temporal.
- You can have order in your days to have time to focus on what is most important.
- In each moment, the Lord is molding you more and more into the image of Christ.
- We’re not seeking perfection but faithfulness one moment at a time.
- To do all your work as unto the Lord.
- There is always time to do the will of God.
What Homemakers like you are saying:
The thoughts you share make me want to dig into God’s Word deeper. ~ Melinda
Thanks for all you do and say and write. I am always encouraged. ~ Gwyn
Your podcasts are so uplifting, encouraging, full of grace and truth! Thank you for being a voice of conviction and grace in a confused and wayward culture. I really enjoy your godly perspective and your calming voice. ~ @Oregon_mama
I am a mother to a 2 year old boy who recently quit work to stay at home with him. This podcast has been such a blessing to me and my family! I look forward to her episodes and emails so much. She always points us to Christ, and she provides Biblical truths to back up her thoughts. Keep it up and thank you for all you do! ~ Heather D.
Imagine waking each morning knowing your purpose for the day. Being known and loved by Christ and that He is with you always working out all things for your good and His glory. You may not get everything on your list accomplished, but the items the Lord has put on your list for the day will get done. Keeping your eyes on the eternal and not just the temporal will bring peace and joy to your home. This is possible my friends.
When you become a member of the Thankful Homemaker community, you’ll be reminded how our contentment in Christ is the foundation of a peaceful, joyful, and grace-filled home.
Sign up for my monthly newsletter and get access to helpful and specific content to encourage you in your role as homemaker and point you to Christ.
New to this community? Check out my Getting Started Guide.
- Just in case you’re wondering who I am:
- I'm currently a full-time homemaker, married for over 33 years and have two grown children and three grandchildren. I didn’t come to faith in Christ until I was in my mid 30’s.
- I’m an avid reader and love to share all I’m learning.
- I enjoy studying God’s Word and have been blessed through inductive Bible study.
- I enjoy making lists (and checking them off!)
- I love to travel alongside my husband for his job.
- We love to serve our local church family, where my husband serves as an elder.
- I am a coffee snob – love my coffee!
As a young Christian wife and mother, I found myself being molded into the expectations of others instead of letting the Lord determine my role and calling. The comparison trap made things more difficult than they needed to be in my home. As I grew and matured in my walk with the Lord, I realized the truth that I needed to please an audience of One. I needed to remember the Lord is not looking for perfection but faithfulness in each moment. In the mundane tasks of the day, He is molding me more into the likeness of Christ. There is purpose in all things. My simple reminder from Elisabeth Elliot that I don’t have to do everything but “the next thing” helped me to press on. As we seek the Lord in all, we do He takes our ordinary and makes it extraordinary. Your work matters. I want to walk alongside you on this journey so together we can capture God’s vision for our home.
Let me know how I can serve you or if you have any questions.
You can contact me directly here.
I’d love you to grab a free copy of my eBooks: A Beginner’s Guide to Assembling a Natural Medicine Cabinet & Motherhood: Delighting in Our Children and you can do that here.
Have you checked out my recommended resources?