Getting ready for large company this Christmas Season should be a joy and delight, not a burden of having so much to do you miss having the heart of a servant in preparing for your guests. There is much to do, but my list of things to prepare beforehand has shortened over the years to what is necessary. The reality set in that I have more cleaning to do after the party so why do all that work beforehand, and no one notices the things that are untidy or out of place in your home but you. So put on your apron and some fun music with me and let’s get started:
HERE’S MY TOP 10 ITEMS I DO BEFORE A PARTY:
1. Tidy the rooms you will spend time in (straighten, fluff pillows, etc.)
2. Feather dust and spot wipe any areas (fingerprints etc.)
3. Vacuum the traffic areas of the rooms you will mainly be using
4. Spot mop the floor – only mop spots that need to be mopped.
5. Tidy kitchen counters, keep an empty dishwasher, empty garbage cans
6. Tidy the guest bathroom – check supplies
7. Tidy the entryway (sweep porch, fingerprints off door window, etc.)
8. Prepare simple foods and utilize the plates and serving dishes you have on hand to set a beautiful table at no cost – get creative! (Paper products are okay!)
9. Serve simple beverages – coffee, tea, warm apple cider & water
10. Tidy yourself up, light a candle or two and put on some classical Christmas music in the background.
May we serve with the heart of Mary, finding joy in all things because of Jesus.