So many times, we can go about our day and not take the time to “consider our ways” (Haggai 1:5). Donald Whitney has shared 10 Questions to help you to pause and ponder the direction your life is going.
These are great questions to print out and tuck in your Bible for your own personal time of reflection or good discussion questions to work through together as a couple or family.These are great questions to print out and tuck in your Bible for your own personal time of reflection
I have this list of questions tucked away in my Bible and pull them out several times a year to take inventory of my spiritual life.
I need to make plans, and set goals, or my spiritual life would remain stagnant. Print out the list and keep it handy when you have a moment to ponder, plan, and pray. Don’t forget we are dependent on the Lord for any change (John 15:5).
Below are 10 Questions to Ask Yourself at the Start of a New Year: (excerpt below taken from 10 Questions to Ask at the Start of a New Year or On Your Birthday)
1. What’s one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
2. What’s the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?
3. What’s the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?
4. In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?
5. What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?
6. What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
7. For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?
8. What’s the most important way you will, by God’s grace, try to make this year different from last year?
9. What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
10. What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years? In eternity?
Now, therefore, thus says the Lord of hosts: Consider your ways.
~ Haggai 1:5
Simplify Your Spiritual Life: Spiritual Disciplines for the Overwhelmed by Donald Whitney