Monday morning – I can truly say I love Monday mornings. Flylady's Weekly Home Blessing has helped me to enjoy and look forward to Monday's. After my morning routine is taken care of, I move right into the Weekly Home Blessing Hour. When my children were young and we were home together this is something we would do together and integrate into the school day after morning chores were finished.
(You read the post (5 minutes) or listen in to the podcast (24 minutes) where I share more content)
Listen in to the Podcast Below or Subscribe on Your Favorite App:
Below is an excerpt taken from Flylady's website describing the Weekly Home Blessing Hour. I've listed mine below hers with a couple of explanations.
Taken from Flylady:
What is the Weekly Home Blessing Hour?
FlyLady sets her timer for 10 minutes to work on each of 7 tasks:
- Polish Mirrors and Doors
- Purge magazines
- Change Sheets
- Empty all trash
- This takes approximately one hour; some tasks take less than 10 minutes.
- “Don't obsess, set your timer for 10 minutes for each task, then QUIT!” ~ Kelly
I've altered my Weekly Home Blessing to fit my home and family, but the purpose of it is to have your home ready for the week and not to be concerned if someone unexpectedly shows up at your door. We are not talking perfection but some semblance of order.
I set my timer for one hour to see how quickly I can get through the tasks listed below:
- Toss old catalogs and magazines
- Change bed sheets (I only do this every other week since we shower daily. Being a little older 🙂 – I do not change more than two beds a day).
- Empty all trash cans in the house (great kid chore)
- Feather dust all rooms (Kids do their rooms – My favorite lambswool duster)
- Vacuum all rooms (Kids do their rooms)
- Mop kitchen, foyer and half bath floors (I have used a sh-mop for years and love it – visit Favorite Cleaning Products).
- Clean front door glass and tidy entry area
This simple one-hour routine blesses my home and family for the week. Your children are great feather dusters, vacuumers, garbage emptiers and moppers. Teach them to enjoy their work and serving others by putting on some praise music and delighting in the home the Lord has given us to be good stewards over.
Enjoy your Monday!!